Audi Environmental Foundation GmbH actively supports research into new technologies and scientific methods for a livable future. The purpose of the Foundation is the promotion of not-for-profit projects that have an influence on at least one of the following fields of activity:
1. Responsibility: “To give something back to the environment and society”
2. Enthusiasm: “To make people enthusiastic about the environment”
3. Greenovation: “To advance and experience environmental technologies”
In all project decisions, Audi Environmental Foundation GmbH is guided by its statutes based on the three fields of activity and the following principles:
• as a result of innovative technologies, have an impact on socio-ecological challenges and are therefore geared towards sustainable improvement of our ecological environment,
• do not just focus on nature or the environment alone, but make a contribution to a sustainable human-environment system,
• link environmental issues with education-related matters,
• as a model project, depict an ideal example for other setups,
• develop nature and environment protection, by translating research into practical action.
Audi Environmental Foundation GmbH itself also takes the initiative - by specifying the funding priorities and by being actively involved in the creation of the projects.
• advancement of the development of environmentally compatible technologies,
• protection of the natural necessities of life for humans, animals and plants
• and support of measures and activities involved in environmental education.
Projects from applicants that will not be promoted are those that concern:
• Events (workshops, conferences, etc.)
• Image campaigns, advertising and public relations
• Student research projects and diploma and doctoral theses
The public-benefit status of the applicant and the project that is applied for must be proved. The provisions of § 52 para 2 of the Abgabenordnung (German Fiscal Code [AO]) or a similar legal definition from a country outside of Germany apply here.
Applications to Audi Environmental Foundation GmbH may be submitted informally by email to email@example.com at any time. The application must be submitted as a 3-4-page project outline, which should contain at least the following information:
• Purpose, contents, duration and costs of the project
• The project partner(s)
• Proof of the public-benefit status
On the basis of the submitted project outline, the Foundation checks whether the project can be considered for support by Audi Environmental Foundation GmbH. If the project is eligible to be considered for support, the Foundation develops a detailed project application together with the applicant. A decision is made on the project in a company meeting according to the strategic orientation of the Foundation.